By: Nick, Baliblog
Bali, the ‘Island of the Gods’, is quiet right now. February is traditionally a quiet time, but recent visitors I’ve met including Toby, Ollie from Oregon, Barbara & Nancy and Devin have had a great time. Here’s 10 reasons you should come to Bali right now.
1. The reasons Bali became famous in the first place still exist. Great landscape, interesting culture, tropical, different.
2. We’re in the wet season, so the whole island is green and lush.
3. The highland lakes supply the island’s rivers. This is a great time to go rafting in Bali.
4. Hotel rooms are available. With the high season over and tourism slow, you’ll have plenty of choice.
5. Your bargaining power will be stronger than ever, due to the lack of opposition.
6. You’ll never have to line up for a seat at a restaurant.
7. This wet season has had unseasonably fine weather, which continues. Plenty of sun here in Bali.
8. Surfers tell me the winds change on a daily basis, making the western Bukit surfable. A friend was out at Middles the other day, double-overhead all by himself.
9. Internet cafe speed will be higher, with less customers. Every time someone logs on at an internet cafe, they take part of the overall bandwidth. Empty cafes mean its all yours!
10. Less tourists mean you’ll be able to get the seat on the plane you want, instead of being wedged in between 2 rugby players.
Anyone think of some good reasons I forgot to mention?