(9/1/2010) Bali arrivals for the month of July 2010 totaled 247,778, an improvement of 10.3% when compared to the same month in 2009 (224,636).
When comparing the period January – July, Bali arrivals for 2010 stand at 1,393,806 or 12.2% ahead of the same 7 months in 2009 (1,242,297).
On the assumption that Bali can maintain its current year-on-year growth rate of 12.2%, there is the potential of total arrivals to Bali of foreign visitors by the end of 2010 approaching or even slightly surpassing the 2.5 million mark.
Performance by Key Markets
• Australia - Australian visitors increased 39.98% when comparing July 2010 (63,552) with July 2009 (45,401). On a cumulative basis, January-July Australian arrivals are a truly amazing 50.87% ahead of 2009.
• Japan - Japanese arrivals provide no hope of a short term turn-around in that troubled economy. Gliding down a slippery slope, Japanese arrivals month-on-month for July 2010 (22,015) declined 31.55% as compared with July 2009 (32,161). On a cumulative basis for the first 7 months of 2010, Japanese arrivals are down a full 23.10%.
• Peoples Republic of China (PRC) - China's rapid-fire growth of visitors to Bali has cooled somewhat. July PRC arrivals increased 4.54% (19,750). On a cumulative basis year-on-year Chinese arrivals are up only 1.27%.
• Taiwan - Taiwanese visitors showed some signs of a possible turn around in progress, improving 9.65% month-on-month in July at 12,471. Despite this increase, year-on-year visitors from Taiwan are still down -4.51%.
• Malaysia - Malaysian arrivals in July improved 11% standing at 11,159. This was counter to a year-on-year decline of 2.09% for the first seven months of the year. Tourism professionals in Bali wait to see what, in any, negative impact on arrivals from Malaysia will be created by the escalating acrimony between Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur which has manifested itself in street demonstrations in both Jakarta and Bali that commenced in August.
• South Korea - South Korean arrivals improved month-on-month by 5.42% for July (11,635). The results for the first seven months of 2010 from South Korean are down 3.52% when compared to the same period in 2009.
• United Kingdom - U.K. foreign visitors remain bullish. July arrivals ex the U.K. improved 24.26% at 13,045. Year to date figures reflect similar robustness, improving 21.13%.
• France Summer holidays saw French arrivals for July 2010 improve 4.8% (14,533). Cumulative arrivals from France for January-July are down slightly by 1.63%
• Russia Good air access between Moscow and Bali are allowing Russian arrivals to counter-trend the lackluster Russian economy. July arrivals ex Russia improved 22.83% (4,621). When viewed for the first seven months of the years, 3.75% more Russians have come to Bali thus far in 2010 as compared to 2009.
• Singapore - Singapore arrivals improved a very substantial 58.36% for July 2010 (6.545). Similarly, year-on-year Singapore visitors are up 56.25%.
• The Netherlands - The rapid growth in Dutch visitors cooled somewhat in July, perhaps signally capacity issues as most flights are running very full. 0.5% fewer Dutch came to Bali in July 2010 (10,265) versus July 2009 (10,863). Year-on-year the Dutch market is still 29.14% ahead of 2009.
• U.S.A. - U.S. visitors to Bali declined 8.7% for July 2010 (6,570). Year on year Americans are still ahead of 2009 by 2%.
• Germany Although German visitors to Bali year-on-year are up 3.02%, the number of Germans coming to Bali in July declined 2.9% at 8,264.
Arrivals by Geographic Areas
Every geographic region of the world is showing improvement in visitors to Bali over the first seven months of the year. The Asia-Pacific remains the main engine of that growth, reflecting a wider travel trend of people taking holidays closer to home. The long-haul, longer-staying, higher spending markets from the Americas and Europe continue to grow also, but at approximately have the pace of countries from the Asia-Pacific.
Bali Villas – A Private Piece Of Paradise
All luxurious Bali Villas in villas-bali.com have been filtered in order to provide you the best Bali Private Villa in experiencing holiday, wedding, honeymoon which guarantee Privacy and Outstanding Personalized Service.
© Bali Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com. All images and graphics are copyright protected.