JETSTAR'S inaugural Perth to Bali flight was packed today despite an updated warning on travel to the Indonesian island.
The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade updated its travel advice for Indonesia on Friday, warning the imminent executions of the Bali bombers would compound an already significant terrorism risk.
The update followed Friday's announcement by Indonesia that the three Islamic militants would be put before a firing squad in early November for their roles in the 2002 Bali nightclub bombings.
Jetstar corporate relations general manager Simon Westaway said the travel warning had been in place for many years, but Bali remained a popular destination for Australians.
"The level of warning isn't changed but they did reissue an advisory and we will obviously be continuing to monitor the situation,'' Mr Westaway said.
"The important point to make is the existing warning has been in place for Bali for many years now.''
The Perth service will fly tri-weekly initially before being boosted to four times a week in December, Mr Westaway said.
"Bali has returned as a destination for Australians, it has in many ways always been Australia's leading international playground in terms of visitation,'' he said.