(6/21/2009) The place to be on Sunday, June 28, 2009, is Jimbaran Beach in Bali for the 3rd running of the MRA Bali International Triathlon.
Here's just a few of the reasons we can think of:
- To watch Bali's only annual international triathlon comprised of a 1.5 km swim in Jimbaran Bay, a 40 km bike race down Bali's southernmost peninsula and finishing with a 10 km road race through the village of Jimbaran. Organizers are expecting a record number of participants at this year's event. Registrations are still open for both individual and corporate team relays.
- Join the 5 km "fun run" held in conjunction with the triathlon.
- Watch last year's champion Luke McKenzie and his triathlon partner Amanda Balding join the race, their participation made possible by Garuda Indonesia.
- Arrive at around 6:30 a.m. on race morning to catch opening ceremony just before hundred of swimmers take to the water.
- Join the morning-long party at Coconut Grove opposite the Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay. There will be live music, games, refreshments, free massages from Jari Menari and a bazaar.
- Be on hand as the winners in the different age and sex categories cross the finish line to receive attractive prizes. Bali's famous Jenggala Ceramics have prepared special trophies and there's a whole range of wonderful prizes for winners, including an accommodation package from Four Seasons Resorts in Bali.
- Watch Indonesian star athletes compete in this years event including swimming legend Richard Sambera, 2007 Southeast Asia Game Silver Medalist Andy Wibowo, national swimming star Ira Kurniawan, champion cyclist Nurhayati and marathon runner Maria Lawalata.
[MRA Bali International Triathlon Website]
[Luke McKenzie Website]
[Amanda Balding Website]
© Bali Discovery Tours. Articles may be quoted and reproduced if attributed to http://www.balidiscovery.com. All images and graphics are copyright protected.