Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No Foreign Tourist Killed In Sumatran Quake

Indonesian authorities on Tuesday confirmed that no foreign tourist was killed in the earthquake which struck western Sumatra on Sept 30.

Chief of the Indonesian Disaster Relief Organisation, Syamsul Maarif, said that though 11 hotels in Padang were damaged by the 7.9-magnitude quake, no foreign tourists were reported dead.

He said there had been no reports of families of foreigners on missing relatives in the quake-hit zone.

Antara news agency reported that 805 people were killed in the quake, 891 were seriously injured, 1,365 were slight injured, 241 were missing and 410 had been relocated.

No comments:


 Contents Feed

 Comments Feed


Blog Archive

Bali Expat's Guide