Bali Tourists Warned off Jungle Juice Cocktails - Tourism Indonesia

Breaking

Booking.com

Booking.com

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bali Tourists Warned off Jungle Juice Cocktails

Australian holiday makers on the Indonesian island of Bali were urged Wednesday to steer clear of so--called Jungle Juice cocktails after a 25--year--old nurse was repatriated after suffering brain damage and kidney failure.

Jamie Johnston fell ill after drinking rice wine her doctors suspect was laced with methanol while holidaying with her mother on the neighboring island of Lombok.

The Jungle Juice, rice wine mixed with fruit juice, was served to her in a popular restaurant. It was contaminated with methanol, a chemical commonly used in anti--freeze.

"I think it's a tragic case," New South Wales state Health Minister Jillian Skinner told Australia's AAP news agency. "It could happen to anyone. If you drink or eat anything or you're sick when you're traveling, seek immediate help."

3 comments:

  1. Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. view more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up! carrot Juice maker

    ReplyDelete

your comments are now being moderated

Booking.com

Booking.com