The Ancol tourism destination said it hosted around 280,000 New Year’s Eve visitors this year, exceeding last year’s total by around 10,000 people.
“The latest count result shows that there has been an increase in the number of visitors [this year] compared to last year. Last night 280,000 people came, which is more than last year’s total of 270,000,” PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol Executive Director Budi Karya Sumadi said Sunday, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He said that the rise in the number of visitors was mainly due to various attractions on show at Ancol, such as a firework display.
“Aside from the shows, we also appreciate the work of the police, who managed traffic in the area. Their management was friendly but firm so traffic flowed smoothly and so many of visitors were able to enter,” he said.
Budi said that in the future Ancol would look to build parking areas so that it would be able to accommodate more visitors.
“Ancol can fit up to 400,000 visitors in a night, but has not been able to accommodate that many visitors because of so many cars,” he said.