Jakarta’s double-decker tourist buses are expected to arrive some time next week, according to an official.
Jakarta Tourism and Cultural Agency head Arie Budhiman said on Thursday that the delivery of the first batch of double-decker tourist buses had been delayed due to extreme weather.
“The buses were stuck in the Port of Hong Kong due to extreme weather but hopefully they will arrive next week,” he said in Jakarta.
He added that the city would display the buses to the public before commencing their operation.
“We might display the buses at Monas [National Monument] or somewhere else,” Arie said. The five buses will serve three routes: Blok M-Monas; Hotel Indonesia traffic circle-Tanah Abang; and Monas-Old Town.
The buses will operate from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.(Jakartapost)