Located just opposite to Singapore, the island of Bintan, with its white beaches, extensive surrounding seas and world class sports events is fast developing into a prime tourist destination. Not only does it boast luxurious facilities, but now it is evident that resorts here also stress on responsible and sustainable tourism development.
In a press release received, detik.com reported that the LooLa Adventure Resort has succeeded in beating 37 finalists chosen by 12 panelists, comprising well known personalities in the tourism world.
Each year we select tourism industries that are able to create change. LooLa Adventure Resort has involved local people in its endeavors in expanding its business, said Panelist Chairman Prof. Harold Goodwin.
Reponsible Tourism means creating tourism facilities that are aware and take into consideration a sustainable natural environment and involve local communities seen from social and cultural aspects, safety and cleanliness and economic benefits. The jury decided that the LooLa Adventure Resort on Bintan fulfilled all the above criteria.
All staff in the LooLa Adventure Resort are recruited from the local population on Bintan itself. Each division of the resort also does its work well and is able to provide maximum satisfaction to its guests. LooLa Adventure Resort is able to increase income of local inhabitants by 20 to 50 percent.
Moreover, LooLa Adventure Resort is assessed as having successfully taken care of waste water and the natural environment. These measures have made givenb the resort a clean appearance, and have thus gained additional points. (for more information on the Resort log on to : www. loola.net)
"LooLa Adventure Resort is an excellent example of responsible tourism in the industry” said panelist Simon Press.
The following are winners of World Responsible Tourism Awards 2015 as announced at the prestigious World Travel Market 2015 in London, UK :
1. Overall Winner: LooLa Adventure Resort, Bintan, Indonesia
2. Best Animal Welfare Initiative: Campaign Against Canned Hunting
3. Best for Beach Tourism: LooLa Adventure Resort and Soneva Fushi, Maldives
4. Best Cultural Heritage Attraction: Loop Head Peninsula, Ireland
5. Best Destination for Responsible Tourism: Gansbaai, South Africa
6. Best Accommodation for Disability Access: Endeavour Safaris and Scandic Hotels, South Africa.
7. Best for Engaging People & Culture: Urban Adventures
8. Best Hotel for Local Sourcing: Atlas Kasbah Ecolodge, Morocco
9. Best Innovation for Carbon Reduction: TUI UK & Ireland
10. Best for Poverty Reduction: Agri Tourism Development Company Pte. Ltd
11. Best Responsible Tourism Blog: Uncornered Market
12. Best Sea or River Cruise: Ullswater Steamers
13. Best for Wildlife Conservation: Honko Mangrove Conservation & Education
For details check the following website : responsibletravel.com - http://www.responsibletravel.com/awards/